June is here! We have another exciting FREE Ways to Play Every Day monthly activity calendar for your own preschoolers. Encourage your kids to create and explore with Balloon fun, the Solar System, Zoo-themed activities, and “Start of the Summer” inspirations for learning through hands-on play. The Ways to Play Every Day June Activity Calendar for preschoolers offers daily activities to keep your young kids thinking while having loads of fun.
Ways to Play Every Day – June Activity Calendar for Preschoolers
The Ways to Play Every Day June Activity Calendar offers prompts for daily learning, creativity, and exploration. This FREE June activity printable can be used by preschool teachers, childcare staff for their classrooms, or by parents in the home. Follow the calendar each day for activities that correspond with the book list or choose activities at random to inspire play all month long.
Below you’ll find each calendar activity from the calendar, as well as links to printables, directions for activities, and book lists that you can use to supplement the daily suggested activities.
Week One – Balloon Play
- Experiment to see which items do/do not hold a helium balloon down.
- Create fingerprint balloon art.
- Make balloon stress ball buddies.
- Inflate a balloon with baking soda and vinegar.
- Draw a favorite memory on a balloon shaped piece of paper.
- Go on a balloon hunt for balloons hidden around the room.
- Paint with balloons like this.
Balloon Books for Preschoolers:
Week Two: The Solar System
- Play a memory game with this free solar system card printable.
- Trace shadows on the sidewalk with chalk.
- Paint a foil printed moon.
- Create pipe cleaner constellations.
- Go stargazing.
- Make a solar system, explore gravity, and practice sorting “planets” with cereal.
- Play in a solar system themed sensory bin.
Solar System Books for Preschoolers
Week Three – Zoo-Themed Activities
- Go to your local zoo or explore zoo animals at home using technology.
- Play a key/lock matching game.
- Practice counting with zoo playdough mats.
- Do zoo animal yoga.
- Tend to “sick” stuffed zoo animals with a dramatic play doctor kit.
- Build a playdough zoo for plastic animals.
- Dance to music like different animals in the zoo.
Zoo Books for Preschoolers
Week Four – Start of Summer Activities
- Create a summer “bucket list” of things you want to do.
- Practice letters with this watermelon seed alphabet for hands-on fun.
- Take a trip to your local library.
- Build your own wind powered car.
- Make a plastic glowing firefly.
- Squeeze your own homemade lemonade.
- List the ways you explore summer using your senses or discover what’s INSIDE of a baseball with this fun science exploration.