We are glad you’ve chosen to visit! The Preschool Toolbox Blog welcomes you to explore activity suggestions for your classroom or for use at home!
Who we are:
The Preschool Toolbox is an online website for teachers, childcare providers, parents of preschoolers, nannies, and other caregivers who seek to help their children or students learn through play. The business is based in the US, but we have readers from around the globe. In 2017, a child loss section was added to the blog to help others learning how to live a life of joy after the loss of a child. Please see the ABOUT page for more information.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used by websites in order to make their websites or services work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting/analytics information.
- Session cookies are the cookies that are required for website functionality and don’t track user activity once the browser closed. Examples of session cookies include search filter cookies, user authentication cookies, cookies that enable shopping cart functionality, and cookies used to enable multimedia content.
- Persistent cookies are cookies used to track behavior even after users have closed the browser window (or migrated to another site). The Preschool Toolbox uses these cookies for Google Analytics (see below).
How we collect information about you:
Information is collected from log files, cookies, through a comment you leave, through subscriptions, or through preschool theme/eBook purchases you make on the blog.
Information we collect about you:
We collect information on your name, email address, website link (if commenting), IP addresses, and the content and/or pages you visit while here on the blog.
Why we collect information:
Like most websites, The Preschool Toolbox uses Google Analytics to process information about the number of visitors on the blog and content visited. We use this information to better understand how you’ve discovered our blog (social media, Google, or another site) and how you use information/content included within the pages here.
Google Analytics records approximate locations, type of device, name of device, operating systems, and browser. Google does record your IP address, but modifies that address so you cannot be personally identified.
Google Analytics Demographics:
The Preschool Toolbox is committed to ensuring our website contains appropriate and valuable content for our readers. The Google Analytics demographic tools allow us to review anonymous data regarding gender, age, and interest of website visitors so we might adapt our content to best reflect the needs of our readers.
Again, this information does not contain specific personally-identifiable information.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
The Website uses Mediavine to manage all third-party advertising on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website. The cookie may collect information relating to your use of the Website, information about your device such as the device’s IP address and browser type, demographic data and, if you arrived at the Website via a link from a third-party site, the URL of the linking page.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site.
The Website may collect IP addresses and location information to serve personalized ads and pass it to Mediavine. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit https://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. You may also visit https://optout.aboutads.info/#/ and https://optout.networkadvertising.org/# to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at https://www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
Mediavine partners with the following data processors:
Leaving a comment on the blog:
We love to hear if your own preschoolers or students have tried any of the activities within the blog. You always have the option of leaving a comment. Any information you leave in a comment is NEVER passed to a third party. Your details remain in our database unless we remove it, the article is deleted from our site, or YOU specifically ask for removal by emailing us at: [email protected]
Please note: when commenting on this blog (or other websites/social media) never leave personal information such as specific addresses or locations. It’s never a wise practice and the comment on this blog will be deleted if personally identifiable information is enclosed within the comment.
If you choose to join The Preschool Toolbox newsletter from our sign-up form on the home page, your email address is required. We occasionally email with seasonal activities, themes, or other resources we believe might be of special interest to you. Your data is collected and then passed onto our email service provider: Mail Chimp .
You can ALWAYS unsubscribe by visiting the link at the bottom of the email or by personally emailing us at: [email protected] asking us to remove you from the newsletter. Please make sure you use the same email address for contacting us that you’ve used to sign-up on our blog.
Purchases of Themes or eBooks from The Preschool Toolbox:
If you make a purchase from the store at The Preschool Toolbox, your details are retained in our database. All payments are made through the PayPal Payment Portal which does not retain any financial information once the transaction has been processed. We can delete information after a purchase upon request, but for legal reasons copies of the invoices after purchase are retained.
Products sold from affiliates here on the blog each collect and retain their own data. We do not have access to your name or email addresses if you choose to visit another site or make a purchase from a link contained within the pages/content of this blog.
Minors and use of the blog:
If you are a minor child, please seek parental permission before using the blog. We are concerned with everyone’s privacy, but especially with minor children. All content on this blog is appropriate for families with children with the exception of some child loss content. Child loss content may be too mature in nature for younger readers.
We will NEVER transfer personal data unless we are under legal obligations to do so. If at any point, you wish we remove ALL of your information from our systems, please contact us at: [email protected] and information you request deleted will be removed from our database within 30 days of the initial request.
Information for Website Owners and Publishers:
If you’d like to use content/photos from this blog:
1) You may use one photo and a sample of text per activity. Please link the photo and any associated text back to this blog.
2) Using activities or content in FULL is prohibited unless direct consent is given in writing. Please email with requests to: [email protected]
All the information on this blog is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. There are no implied warranties regarding specific individual goals for children and/or developmental progress when implementing activities or ideas. Materials and suggestions presented on this blog are 25 years of materials being passed on teacher-to-teacher &/or original works and writings of The Preschool Toolbox. Where possible, we have taken steps to give credit to original authors. If you think that any materials/activities presented on this blog are copyrighted ideas, please notify us by email and we will replace the content or give due credit. Any action you take upon the information on our blog is strictly at your own risk. We will not be liable for any losses and damages in connection with the use of information presented within.
From our blog, you can visit other websites by following hyperlinks to these sites. While we strive to provide only links to family friendly and ethical websites, we have no control over the content and nature of these sites and the links to other websites do not imply a recommendation for ALL the content found on these sites.
Please be advised that some [not all] posts contain affiliate links. The Preschool Toolbox is a member of the Amazon Associates Program and receives income from purchases directed through links on this blog.
This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, free items, or other forms of compensation.
The compensation received will never influence the content, topics, or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements, where applicable.
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites, and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog may receive compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
Please be also aware that when you leave the blog, other sites may have different privacy policies and terms which are beyond our control.
By entering any Giveaway/Sweepstake via The Preschool Toolbox Blog(dot)com, you agree to the following Rules and Regulations, which are FTC and Facebook Compliant.
- Sponsored Posts – are posts that were sponsored by a company (either monetary or product). Advertisers – are paid posts. Reviews – reviews are product sponsored, meaning a product was given, free of charge, for the post; all views are honest. Giveaways – all Giveaways are sponsored by companies, unless otherwise specified. The Preschool Toolbox Blog is not responsible for delivery of any giveaway item unless otherwise specified.
- All views posted on The Preschool Toolbox Blog are our personal views. Unless stated otherwise, we were not paid for our personal views or opinions.
- All Giveaways hosted by The Preschool Toolbox Blog are only opened to residents of the U.S. unless otherwise noted.
- “NO PURCHASE NECESSARY”
- Eligibility requirements –must be age 18 or over to enter any giveaway.
- Each Giveaway is held on Rafflecopter Entry Form.
- Odds of winning -The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you have any disputes or feel a mistake has been made – please contact us – thepreschooltoolbox(at)gmail(dot)com
- At the end of each Giveaway/Sweepstake, the winner will be chosen via Random.org. The winner will be notified via email. Winner then has 48 hours to claim their prize before a new winner is randomly chosen.
- The Preschool Toolbox Blog reserves the right to obtain winners’ names and email addresses for delivery of a specified product from a company. The Preschool Toolbox Blog nor our Sponsors are Liable for any negative outcome from the prize.
- Sponsor name and contact information is available upon request..
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
- Though promoted on Facebook, NONE of the Giveaways/Sweepstakes/Reviews/Sponsored events held on The Preschool Toolbox Blog are endorsed or sponsored by Facebook. This blog abides by Facebook policies and will not hold any giveaway on Facebook (other than on an approved application.)
- The Preschool Toolbox Blog, unless stated otherwise, is not liable and assumes NO responsibility for items being given away, nor for sending or mailing any prize. We are merely acting as the advertising agent.
- By entering any Giveaway/Sweepstake or Event on The Preschool Toolbox Blog, you agree to these rules.
- Your privacy is very important to us – we will NOT share your information with anyone unless you have won a giveaway/sweepstake. Please be aware that we do have sponsored links on this site; we may not be held responsible for any information you give on any link you click outside of The Preschool Toolbox Blog.
This policy is valid from 1 July 2020