Can you feel the heat?! It’s July and time for some fun in the sun! This month’s vacation-themed Ways to Play Every Day July Activity Calendar for Preschoolers explores summer road trips to the campsite, the beach, and the mountains. Encourage learning through pretend play, outdoor fun, and literacy opportunities whether at home, in childcare, or at summer camps.
Ways to Play Every Day: July Activity Calendar for Preschoolers
The July activity preschool calendar offers prompts for daily learning, creativity, and exploration. This free activity printable can be used by preschool teachers for their classrooms, childcare staff or providers, parents in the home, or for summer camp explorations. Follow the July calendar prompts each day for activities that correspond with the book list or choose activities at random to inspire play every day this month.
Below you’ll find each July calendar activity, as well as links to printables, activity instructions, and book lists you can use to supplement each one.
Week One – Ways to Play Every Day: Road Trip Activities for Preschoolers
- Make a list of places you’d like to visit in your life.
- Play the license plate game whenever you’re in the car this month.
- Mark on a map where friends and family across the country live.
- Watch the fireworks celebrating our nation’s independence.
- Use a map to walk to a local park.
- Write a letter inviting friends/family to come visit you.
- Create a map of the street where you live.
Books About Road Trips for Preschoolers
Week Two – Ways to Play Every Day: Camping Activities for Preschoolers
- Set up an indoor pretend campsite.
- Practice writing the alphabet in a dirt tray.
- Create a camping themed small world sensory tray.
- Sleep in a tent (indoors or outside).
- Work on math skills using marshmallows.
- Play a memory game using these free camping story cards.
- Explore the inside of a real camper/RV.
Books About Camping for Preschoolers
Week Three – Ways to Play Every Day: Beach Activities for Preschoolers
- Get moving with beach yoga poses.
- Write your name in sand or other with fun sensory materials.
- Make homemade sand slime.
- Play catch with a beach ball.
- Stamp paint with seashells.
- Practice counting with seashells.
- Create artwork using colored sand and glue.
Books About the Beach for Preschoolers
Week Four – Ways to Play Every Day: Mountain Activities for Preschoolers
- Go on a nature scavenger hunt using this checklist.
- Make animal track art using plastic animals or try bear track math games.
- Go on a hike.
- Create a watercolor mountain scene.
- Explore by putting together bear hunt sensory bags.
- Mix up some homemade trail mix for snack.
- Learn how mountains form with this blanket activity.
Books About Mountains for Preschoolers
Download and Print Your FREE Ways to Play Every Day July Activity Calendar by clicking the “download” button below.
Your preschoolers will also enjoy learning through play ALL summer long – check out the extensive SUMMER THEME right here on the blog.
Related Activities your kids will LOVE: