November seems to be a universal time to focus on gratitude and what we’re thankful for. Perhaps its due to the changing seasons or the atmosphere of good will with the impending holidays. This month’s FREE Ways to Play Every Day in November Activity Calendar for Preschoolers is centered around activity suggestions to help instill four important key traits in young children: I am kind; I am helpful, I am giving; and I am thankful. The activities present opportunities to practice academic skills, life skills, and interpersonal skills all month long in the classroom, in childcare, or at home.
Disclosure: this post and others within the blog contain affiliate, distributor, and/or sponsored links and content. Please see full disclosures here.
Ways to Play Every Day: November Activity Calendar for Preschoolers
The free November preschool activity calendar offers daily ideas and prompts for learning, exploration, play, and creativity. This free November activity printable is suited for preschool teachers in their classrooms, childcare providers or teachers, and for parents to use in the home. Follow the calendar prompts each day for activities that correspond with the book list or choose activities at random to inspire play throughout the month.
Below you’ll find each calendar activity from the calendar, as well as links to printables, activity instructions, and book lists that you can use to supplement each one.
Week One Preschool November Activities: I am Kind –
- List things you can do to lift others up.
- Make a paper chain of kindness.
- Find items that work best in pairs (left shoe/right shoe, salt/pepper).
- Choose a book to share with a friend.
- Play an opposite puzzle matching game.
- Create a buddy bench area on the playground for those in need of someone to play with.
Preschool Books to Accompany Week One – I am Kind:
Week Two November Preschool Activities: I am Helpful –
- Select some toys (new or gently used) to donate to a shelter or outreach agency.
- Learn and practice how to fold washcloths and hand towels.
- Play a silly game of “telephone”.
- Put toy cars in order from smallest to largest.
- Decorate the sidewalk outside your school with happy chalk drawings and messages.
- Make a thank you card for a community helper and deliver it to them.
- Go on a scavenger hunt for red items.
Preschool Books to Accompany Week Two – I am helpful:
Week Three November Preschool Activities: I am Giving –
- Brainstorm things we can give to others (tangible/untangible).
- Make a fall snack to share with friends.
- Create watercolor yarn art.
- Draw a picture of the perfect present.
- Give someone else a smile by doing an extraordinary deed for them.
- Practice gentle giving and taking by playing “hot potato” with a stuffed frog.
- Create a Mitten Tree for your childcare or classroom and collect mittens for a local shelter.
Preschool Books to Accompany Week Three – I am Giving:
Week Four November Preschool Activities – I am Thankful –
- Make a list of things you are thankful for.
- Sing “If You’re Grateful and You Know It”.
- Learn how to say “thank you” in other languages.
- Play a pick up stick gratitude game.
- Start a gratitude journal.
- Explore the meaning of thankful in a Bear Says Thanks sensory bin.
- Go on a gratitude scavenger hunt.