It’s October, the month of the pumpkin! That being said, this month’s free Ways to Play Every Day October Preschool Pumpkins Activity Calendar is focused on one thing: pumpkins, pumpkins, and more pumpkins. Young learners can practice counting, have sensory experiences, be creative, and learn using these fun pumpkin patch activities in the classroom or at home.
Ways to Play Every Day in October: Preschool Pumpkins Activity Calendar
This preschool, Ways to Play Every Day in October, daily activity calendar offers ideas and prompts for daily learning, exploration, and creativity with PUMPKINS. This free October activity printable is suited for preschool teachers for their classrooms, childcare providers or teachers, and for parents to use in the home with their own preschoolers. Follow the October calendar each day for pumpkin-themed activities that correspond with the book list or choose activities at random to inspire play. Below you’ll find each activity from the calendar, as well as links to printables, activity instructions, and book lists that you can use to supplement each daily activity.
Play Every Day in October – Pumpkins WEEK ONE:
- Make a playdough scarecrow.
- Play a bowling game with a pumpkin instead of a ball.
- Create a pumpkin town with blocks and mini pumpkins.
- Make pumpkin pie playdough.
- Make a pumpkin patch discovery bottle.
- Play in a pumpkin patch sensory bin with plastic piggies.
- Practice counting with orange pony bead “pumpkins” and this counting sheet.
Pumpkin Books to Accompany WEEK ONE Preschool Activities:
Play Every Day in October – Pumpkins WEEK TWO:
- Visit a real pumpkin patch.
- See how many mini pumpkins you can stack like this.
- Make a round pumpkin suncatcher with tissue paper squares.
- Grow a pumpkin seed in your window.
- Practice counting backwards from 10 (or 20) using miniature pumpkins.
- Play hide and seek with a small scarecrow.
Pumpkin Books to Accompany WEEK TWO Preschool Activities:
Play Every Day in October: Pumpkins WEEK THREE:
- Explore reactions with a baking soda and vinegar fizzy pumpkin.
- Mix up the color orange with a squishy splat pumpkin bag.
- Practice counting with pumpkin seeds and cards.
- Make scarecrow snack mix.
- Play I-spy with a squishy pumpkin sensory bag.
- Paint with a roll-away pumpkin technique.
Pumpkin Books to Accompany WEEK THREE Preschool Activities:
Play Every Day in October: Pumpkins WEEK FOUR
- Cook your own pumpkin soup.
- Make your name out of pumpkin seeds.
- Explore weight with mini pumpkins and a postal scale.
- Paint your very best pumpkin (real or paper).
- Play a build-a-scarecrow game.
- Make pumpkin slime.
- Practice writing letters in a tray of pumpkin orange sand.