Gingerbread Man Theme and Lesson Plans for Playful Learning in Preschool!
There are few things as exciting as learning with a Gingerbread Man Theme as the holidays approach. Preschoolers delight in the cookie who jumps off a baking sheet for adventures. Engage your own preschoolers at home or in the classroom with a playful learning Gingerbread Man Theme for preschool.
Disclosure: This post and others within the blog contain affiliate/distributor links and/or sponsored content. Please see our updated privacy page for full disclosures here.
What You’ll Get in the Gingerbread Man Theme:
- The Gingerbread Man Theme for preschoolers is a 102 (total) page unit that includes enough activities for at least two weeks’ worth of lessons. If you plan to use the unit to accompany core studies for one week only, you will have many activities left for a “new” unit the following year.
- The Gingerbread Man theme includes 26 math, science, and literacy activities for preschoolers to learn through play.
- The theme also includes numerous songs, poems, art and crafts activities, gross motor ideas, cooking activities, dramatic play, and book suggestions.
- The Gingerbread Man thematic unit comes with detailed instructions for all games, projects and activities, & 24 printable pdf files (some include multiple pages for literacy, science, or math activities) that are ready to download and print with pictures to help prepare the activities.
- Suggestions for younger or slightly older children are given where possible throughout the theme.
Examples of Activities You’ll Find in the IMMEDIATE DOWNLOAD:
- Introductions for your Gingerbread Man Theme – ideas on engaging preschoolers with exciting learning opportunities.
- 30 of our favorite Gingerbread book titles (some are listed below) to read during circle or story time throughout your unit.
- Songs/Poems/Fingerplays to learn with your unit – 10 Little Ginger Kids, Stir a Bowl of Gingerbread, The Ginger Song, and more!
- Literacy Activities – 10 Literacy Centers including: The Traveling Gingerbread Man, Letter Matching, Gingerbread Tracing Lines, Do You Like Gingerbread?, and more.
- Math Activities – 12 Math Centers including: Gingerbread Order Number, Measuring Gingerbread Man (non-standard), Gingerbread Cookie Sorting, Gingerbread Musical Number Find, and more.
- Science Activities – 4 Science explorations with simple set-up including: the Melting Gingerbread Man, Not Just Cookies, and more.
- Art and Craft Suggestions for use with you Gingerbread Man Unit – complete with photos to serve as a guide.
- Large Motor and Dramatic Play Suggestions to get kids moving and playing throughout your Gingerbread Man Unit.
Some Suggested Gingerbread Books our own preschoolers love:
The Gingerbread Man Thematic Unit – Copyright ©The Preschool Toolbox. All rights reserved by authors. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal/homeschool use only.