Fall offers so many playful learning experiences for preschoolers. From trees and leaves, to sensory smells, to pumpkin explorations, we’ve combined the best of “all things fall” into a Fall Theme for Preschoolers designed for use at home, in childcare, or in the preschool classroom. Come learn and play with us this fall!
The Fall Theme for Preschool is a 3-in-1 playful learning theme covering 3 different units (Leaves and Trees, Pumpkins, and Non-Scary Halloween) with 168 (total) pages for use in Preschool. If you plan to use the theme to accompany core studies for one week only, you will have many activities left for new lessons the following year. This theme includes playful learning activities for math, science, and literacy as well as numerous songs, poems, art and crafts activities, gross motor ideas, food/food crafts, dramatic play, and book suggestions. A 49 page instructional manual (PDF format) serves as a guide with detailed instructions/photos for games, projects, and activities. There are 5 Power Point presentations and 85 total pages of accompanying activity files (some with suggestions for differentiated learning) that are ready to download and print. Suggestions for younger or slightly older children are given where possible. This file is a large zipped file that contains: a PDF manual with all activity suggestions, a folder containing all Power Points, and a folder that houses all PDF activity files.
Fall Theme Contents:
Fall Theme for Preschoolers: TREES and LEAVES
- Unit Introductions for classrooms or home – scavenger hunt and theme discussion suggestions
- 10 Songs and Fingerplays for Preschoolers with suggestions for dramatic and gross motor games
- 18 Math, Literacy, Sensory, and Science Activities (Oak Tree Life Cycle, Autumn Printable Syllable Cards, Playdough Seriation Mats, Fall Explorations with all 5 Senses, and so much more)
- Arts and Crafts Ideas centered around Trees and Leaves
Fall Theme for Preschoolers: PUMPKINS and JACK-O-LANTERNS
- Unit Introductions for classrooms or home – emotions and a pumpkin relay gross motor game to play
- 15 Songs and FIngerplays with 2 Power Point Presentations: What Am I? (Pumpkin) and 10 Little Pumpkins Counting Poem
- Dramatic Play Suggestions
- 22 Math, Literacy, Sensory, Science, and Arts/Crafts Activities (Pumpkin Life Cycle Booklets, Pumpkin Letter Find, 10 Pumpkins Up On Top, Jack-0-Lantern Emotions, and MORE)
Fall Theme for Preschoolers: Non-Scary Halloween
- Unit Introductions – what are costumes, harvest festivals, and safety suggestions
- 10 Songs and Fingerplays with 2 Power Points (5 Little Bats and What Am I? – Spider)
- Dramatic Play and Gross Motor Games
- 13 Math, Literacy, Sensory, and Science Activities (Pumpkin Estimation Booklet, Rhyming words explorations, Patterning, Grocery Bag Tall Tales, and MORE)
The Fall Theme also includes an extensive book list of all of our favorite fall titles PLUS links to the best of Fall Preschool content from The Preschool Toolbox!
- Sequencing Activities for the BEST in Fall Books for Preschoolers
- Fall-Themed Playdough Mats
- Apple Tree Life Cycle Cards
- Apple-Spice Play Dough Line Paths for Preschoolers
- and more playful learning activities to explore with your own preschoolers this fall.
You can purchase the Fall Theme for Preschoolers right here on the blog! You will be sent an email with the download link for immediate use.
PLEASE NOTE: Mobile users, please know how to extract contents from a ZIP file and have a PDF reader before purchasing the Fall Theme for Preschool. There are many free apps for working with various file types in the Google Play Store or at iTunes.
Your preschoolers might also enjoy playful learning with an APPLES THEME for Preschool this FALL!
Suggested Supplies to Accompany your Fall Theme for Preschoolers:
**PLAYFUL LEARNING THEMES GIVEAWAY** – 2 Winners will be chosen!
ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN 3 PLAYFUL LEARNING THEMES from The Preschool Toolbox!
Giveaway Products: 2 Winners, chosen at random, will receive 3 Playful Learning Digital Themes (digital delivery for immediate download): the Ladybugs and Insects Theme, the Thanksgiving Theme, and the Valentines and Friendship Theme for preschoolers.
Giveaway Dates: 8/14/17 (12 am CST) to 8/19/17 (11:59 pm CST)
Please Note: Must be age 18+ to enter. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Winners will be notified by email and have 48 hours to respond before an alternate winner will be chosen. The Preschool Toolbox is responsible for the digital delivery of 3 playful learning themes the 2 winners of this giveaway. Enter from the form below. Good luck to each of you!
Preschool Playful Learning Themes Giveaway