Coffee and Sugar Scrub Bath Bars using Keurig K Cups
If you like coffee, you’re going to LOVE this homemade bath bar and scrub. It’s a great recipe for revitalizing tired bodies at the end of a long day with kids! The bars are made in Keurig K cups so begin saving the ones you’d otherwise throw away! Come refresh, relax, and enjoy the scent and feel of a great body scrub and bath bar!
Disclaimer: This post and others within this blog contains affiliate and distributor links. Opinions are my own.
To make the coffee and sugar bath scrub bars, you’ll need (this recipe makes 5 Keurig cup molds when filled to the first line):
- 2 Heaping Tbls. Coffee Grounds from used and opened Keurig Cups
- 5 Empty Keurig Cups – Wash the empty K cups and dry thoroughly – place a piece of tape over the small hole in the bottom of the cup to seal.
- 1/4 Cup Turbinado Sugar – can also substitute brown or white sugar if desired
- Thieves Essential Oil – 6-8 drops (a blend of Clove, Lemon, Rosemary, Cinnamon and Eucalyptus therapeutic grade essential oils)
- Goat’s Milk Soap Base – 10 small squares to fill 5 Keurig cup molds
Instructions: Melt the squares of Goat’s milk soap base as directed on the package. Stir after the first 40 seconds and microwave until completely melted. Add the coffee grounds, turbinado sugar, Thieves Essential Oil, and stir well. Pour the mixture into the empty Keurig Cups.
To speed up the setting time, place the molds in the freezer for 20 minutes or leave at room temperature to for at least 40 minutes. Gently press the bottom of the Keurig cups to release the coffee and sugar bars. The K cups can be saved to make additional bars as desired.
These are also wonderful bars to gift to a friend, fellow teacher, childcare provider, or a new mom! Place 5 bars in a glass jar, print the recipe cards here – Coffee and Sugar Scrub Essential Oil Bars Recipe, and attach the cards to the jar for a delightful handmade gift!
If you’ve “been on the fence” about trying ESSENTIAL OILS, the premium starter kit is an awesome deal (and comes with TWO extra oils this month)! Come see all the ways you can use ESSENTIAL OILS with your own family!